Saturday, April 19, 2014

Creamsicle Pancake Syrup


This recipe was adapted from Heather's Dish "Very Vanilla Pancakes with Creamy Orange Scented Drizzle"
http://www.heathersdish.com/ad-free/very-vanilla-pancakes-with-creamy-orange-scented-drizzle/
All credit goes to her for her ingenuity.
Changes made were simply to document how I adapted the recipe using ingredients I typically have on hand (turns out I don't even know what "vanilla bean paste" is)


Ingredients
1/2 cup butter
1/2 cup granulated sugar
Zest from 1/2 a large naval orange
Juice from 1/2 a large naval orange
1/4 cup milk
1/2 tsp. vanilla

For directions, see Heather's Dish, link above. I doubled the recipe because my husband likes his pancakes to swim.

Note: I think it'd be awesome to substitute vanilla coffee creamer for the milk, but I didn't have any this morning when I made it. Need to try that next time!

1 comment:

  1. This looks yummy. I actually made some orange poppy seed pancakes just a few days ago. Orange and pancakes are so good together! I'll have to try this too

    ReplyDelete